Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 Blogger Challenge: New Years inspiration

Ok so first post of the New Year and for the 2014 blogger challenge! I have to admit I found this a difficult challenge, I can imagine that most people will be posting similar themes to me but then I suppose for this challenge it makes sense!


I believe that you should be all you can be, if you know you can do better than you should do better but not if it makes you unhappy. I think too many people settle in life whether that's in relationships, friendships, lifestyle or their job the latter of which is a particular problem for me.

I had to make a difficult decision at work, a teaching position has opened up and I wasn't sure whether I should apply. I know that I am qualified and that I am capable of the post but after a lot of thinking about it (and getting rather upset) I've realised that I don't want to go back into teaching and that is something that should be left in 2013. After a year starting out as a data assistant in a school I've worked my way up to timetable manager and although the pay is nothing like I used to get for teaching I don't get any of the hassle from the students, long nights and weekends planning and marking or teaching politics, at the end of the day I can come home and spend time with my family and blog!. So yeah I could have got a 'better' job and more money but what is the point if you're not happy?

Life's too short, so take chances but only if they are going to make you happy!

Ellie xxx

1 comment:

  1. woow wish I had lived by this quote
    great blog
    http://missljbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete